Monday, August 19, 2013

A Two-fer!

We live in a busy world. Often we are too busy to exercise, mediate/pray, loose weight, or get other addictions we have under control.

Here's an idea. I have something for you that has worked for me -- a way to exercise and meditate/pray at the same time.

The method is simple. You walk -- alone or with someone (or run, cycle, or other form of exercise and pray/meditate at the same time.

Simple? Certainly. But taking on something new or getting rid of something old is about change. And change is difficult and that's why it needs our discipline to set a date and time and then DO it -- and continue to do it.

When we do we get no only the healthful benefits of exercise, but also the spiritual benefits of thinking of, and praying for, others.

 Just before writing this I went on a beautiful, rural morning ride on my bicycle as I listened to the prayerful music of Hillsong on my iPod. When I got home I felt refreshed by that music as I blessed my friends and family as I pedalled along the road.

So, why not start today?

No comments:

Post a Comment