Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Entering the Second Month



  One of the things I have learned since the suicide is the importance of family and friends.  As I enter into the second month of my grief, I find that talking to family and close friends is a most helpful exercise.  Since that tragic day, I sense that my children have come closer to each other and have recognized each other's strength and uniqueness.  We have been apart too long and now the rays of love, so prominent during that miraculous liturgy on Restoration Point, are now connecting and touching each one of us.

Time together is the cement that bonds us as we process our feelings, help one another, and remember that this will not be the last tragedy to touch us.  Life is a process of negotiating the ups and downs of our journeys and coming out the other end with new insight, new strengthen, and a growing love.

As I enter the second month, I sense it is becoming a bit easier -- a feel less "on edge," cry less frequently, and am sleeping a bit better.  I know this is not a linear but a rolling, circular progression.  I am aware that all this could change, but, nevertheless, my movement will be essentially forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment