Monday, March 29, 2021

Healing

 

Slowly, ever so slowly, my healing has begun. 

And it began not with isolation or aloneness, but with people. As I return to parish ministry and interact with PEOPLE; first on Ash Wednesday, then with new neighbors, now with Palm Sunday and the rituals of Holy Week ahead of me, I sense a new beginning. 

I know that all this time I have been covered, bathed, in loving thoughts and prayers from you as Sabine requested in her obituary: 

 I hope you who read this and know the man who is the love of my life, the breath of my spirit, and the heart, soul of my very being, David, will care for him. Give him your love, your ear, your time, your hugs, and your uplifting support. I would have stayed here forever (if I could) just to be with him...”

Thanks to all of you who have responded to Sabine’s request, who have given me your love, listened and cared for me, and who have given me your time, hugs and support, You are the balm of my healing.. 

I thank you deeply, very deeply...



No comments:

Post a Comment