Friday, October 22, 2010

The Healing Journey

A couple of "learnings"...

Grief is a tiring process. I find myself suddenly getting tired. After supervising Sabine's dialysis in the morning, I find that I look forward to a nap just to get through the day. Sleep at night is often a challenge. As grief has a rainbow of 24 hour emotions ranging from deep sadness to some nasty anger. Prayer and my wife, Sabine, are my sustenance. However, I have decided to join a "suicide survivors" group next week in Madison to help me negotiate this "journey."

I also find help in going through the liturgy we used on October 9th. Thankfully, we have about 300 photos from that wonderful event and putting them into a web album "movie" on YouTube has also been both helpful and healing. You can see photos taken that weekend at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahr6Vy84krs

No comments:

Post a Comment