Monday, May 6, 2013

Practicing Lovingkindness

The following story describes how one man practices lovingkindness by paying forward the kindness he once received years ago when he was a stranded motorist.

He doesn't preach about God or Jesus. No, after assisting a stranded motorist, he simply hands the person a card noting: 


"Assisting you has been my pleasure. I ask for no payment other than for you to pass on the favor by helping someone else in distress that you may encounter."

That's it! He doesn't take advantage of a person's need and use it as an opportunity to preach his beliefs (I don't know what they may be but actions always speak louder than words!) Thomas Weller practices the "wisdom of the ages:" "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and asks those whom he helps to "pay it forward."

Is this religious? Spiritual? I think so because it is a reflection (for me) of the God I have come to know and love and who expects me practice this kind of lovingkindness.

So to to love God and neighbor is what this man does. Faith in action!




No comments:

Post a Comment