Sunday, January 3, 2021

Courting Sabine


The Sabine Poems

(Excerpts from “The Courtship”)

I AM DRIFTING
floating with the chinadoll
so delicate
so pure
will she easily break?
her colors patterns texture
fascinate
and disrupt my direction
chinadoll
can i admire your fragility
reach into your being
without breaking
your beautiful outer shell?


TODAY
while i was alone
for a whole weekend
i spent it looking
for a quiet snowstorm place
to be with you
i found such a place
it made me happy.
 
 
I WANT TO KNOW
why you led me away
why you
why
it’s like i
why?
i’m afraid to say i love you
yet why i do
i do not know
you’re the new woman in
my life
and
like the ones before you
i love you
more
than i did them
and will i love
the next one
more
than
you
or are you truly
my endbeginning?


YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND
nor realize
the immensity magnetism and pull
of me to your self my alter body
you refuse to hear words
mere sounds
easy to say you say
you won’t listen to my special sounds
deep you-sounds
if you won’t hear my words
listen to my body
hear my touch
my exploration of you
listen to my eyes
my heartsounds
hear how i hold you many hours after
listen to my emptiness when you leave
hear
you must hear my tenderness
it’s just not fair
you’re not listening to my words and
you’re not hearing my self
but would please stop a moment and
look way ahead
and notice that i’ve been with you
all these
many years.


No comments:

Post a Comment